Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Tennessee Valley Healthcare System
- Inaugural Veterans Day parade at Alvin C. York
- The VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System (VA TVHS) is seeking community participation in the inaugural Veterans Day parade at the Alvin C. York Medical Center in Murfreesboro, TN on Saturday, November 8, 2014.
- VA TVHS to Hold Veteran Town Halls
- VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System (VA TVHS) leadership will host four town hall forums for Veterans near its Murfreesboro, Nashville, Clarksville and Chattanooga campuses.
- Nurse Recruitment Fair
- VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System is seeking nurse practitioners and staff nurses for its specialty and critical care areas. A recruitment fair will be held on Tuesday, July 22 from 9-1 pm at its Nashville Campus.
- Veterans Serving Veterans at new Dover Clinic
- VA TVHS will oversee the operation of a new contracted Community Based Outpatient Clinic in Dover, TN. The new clinic will operate under Onsite OHS, a certified Veteran-owned small business.
- Middle Tenn. VA Employee Receives Patriot Award
- A VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System (VA TVHS), employee received the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Patriot Employer Award, recognizing her as a patriotic employer
- TVHS Seeking Medical Foster Home Caregivers
- The Tennessee Valley Healthcare System announces the development of a Medical Foster Home (MFH) Program in the Nashville area as another option to meet the growing needs of the Veteran population in Middle Tennessee.
- New Mental Health Program at TVHS
- VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System opens a new Mental Health Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program (MH RRTP) at the Alvin C. York Campus in Murfreesboro, Tennessee on March 4, 2014.
- Nurse Recruitment Open House
- Tennessee Valley Healthcare System is inviting nursing professionals to participate in an Open House event. Recruiting is looking to fill positions for both the Nashville and Murfreesboro campuses.
- VA TVHS Dedicates Tennessee’s First Fisher House
- Juan A. Morales, VA TVHS Director, and dignitaries from the community and Fisher House Foundation cut the ribbon to dedicate the Tenn. Fisher House on November 7. Fisher House provides comfort homes to Veterans families.
- Feds Feed Families Campaign
- TVHS Assistant Chief of Human Resources, John Henderson, presents a Certificate of Commendation to AFGE Local 1844 President, Carolyn Goodman for their support in the 2013 Feds Feed Families Campaign.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Veterans Can Now Track Delivery of Prescriptions
- A VA employee thought if he could track the delivery of his gifts online, why not make it possible for Veterans to track the delivery of their prescriptions the same way? Now, they can.
- Veteran Survived the Battle of the Bulge
- Seventy years ago this month, stubbornly brave American soldiers fought the Battle of the Bulge. Arthur Berkowitz, 91, was one of them. He recalls the battle and a bullet that later shattered his knee.
- Objective: Help improve health care for Veterans
- Over 300,000 Veterans have joined the Million Veteran Program, a partnership between VA and Veterans to establish a database of information which may lead to preventing and treating illnesses in Veterans.
- Seven Ways to Manage Stress during the Holidays
- Holidays should be about family, friends and fun. But what about all those demands and deadlines? Here are some tips to help Veterans and their families manage all that stress, now and all year long.
- USS Arizona Survivor Recalls Pearl Harbor Attack
- Lonnie Cook, 94, is one of nine USS Arizona survivors still living. His plans for a day of liberty in Honolulu came to a halt just before 8:00 on Sunday morning, December 7, 1941.
- At Wyoming VA, No Veteran Dies Alone
- Since 2012, volunteers at the Cheyenne VA Medical Center in Wyoming have been spending hours sitting at the bedside of dying Veterans, keeping them company as they near their final journey.
- Giving Thanks ... with Empathy and Hope
- PJ Johnson knows about recovery. She was hit by a car while undergoing chemotherapy for cancer. During her rehab, the Veterans she usually helps encouraged her to get better and come back to them.
- Brain Bank to Help in Treatment of PTSD
- A new brain bank in Vermont will help with understanding abnormal brain activity in PTSD and could pave the way for new approaches to diagnosis and treatment of individuals with PTSD.
- Quit Smoking for Your Health and Breathe Easier
- November 20th is the Great American Smokeout. Join the Smokeout by quitting or making a plan to quit smoking that day. Succeed with helpful tips from Dr. Timothy P. Carmody.
- Just Saying No to Pain Meds
- Specialists at the VA in Charleston, South Carolina, have helped more than 400 patients ease off their chronic pain medications. How did they do it? The answer might surprise you.