Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Tennessee Valley Healthcare System
- Inaugural Veterans Day parade at Alvin C. York
- The VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System (VA TVHS) is seeking community participation in the inaugural Veterans Day parade at the Alvin C. York Medical Center in Murfreesboro, TN on Saturday, November 8, 2014.
- VA TVHS to Hold Veteran Town Halls
- VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System (VA TVHS) leadership will host four town hall forums for Veterans near its Murfreesboro, Nashville, Clarksville and Chattanooga campuses.
- Nurse Recruitment Fair
- VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System is seeking nurse practitioners and staff nurses for its specialty and critical care areas. A recruitment fair will be held on Tuesday, July 22 from 9-1 pm at its Nashville Campus.
- Veterans Serving Veterans at new Dover Clinic
- VA TVHS will oversee the operation of a new contracted Community Based Outpatient Clinic in Dover, TN. The new clinic will operate under Onsite OHS, a certified Veteran-owned small business.
- Middle Tenn. VA Employee Receives Patriot Award
- A VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System (VA TVHS), employee received the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Patriot Employer Award, recognizing her as a patriotic employer
- TVHS Seeking Medical Foster Home Caregivers
- The Tennessee Valley Healthcare System announces the development of a Medical Foster Home (MFH) Program in the Nashville area as another option to meet the growing needs of the Veteran population in Middle Tennessee.
- New Mental Health Program at TVHS
- VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System opens a new Mental Health Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program (MH RRTP) at the Alvin C. York Campus in Murfreesboro, Tennessee on March 4, 2014.
- Nurse Recruitment Open House
- Tennessee Valley Healthcare System is inviting nursing professionals to participate in an Open House event. Recruiting is looking to fill positions for both the Nashville and Murfreesboro campuses.
- VA TVHS Dedicates Tennessee’s First Fisher House
- Juan A. Morales, VA TVHS Director, and dignitaries from the community and Fisher House Foundation cut the ribbon to dedicate the Tenn. Fisher House on November 7. Fisher House provides comfort homes to Veterans families.
- Feds Feed Families Campaign
- TVHS Assistant Chief of Human Resources, John Henderson, presents a Certificate of Commendation to AFGE Local 1844 President, Carolyn Goodman for their support in the 2013 Feds Feed Families Campaign.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- 81-Year-Old Veteran Chooses Rehab Over Surgery
- Korean War Veteran Victor Ferentino, 81, was a runner for 60 years. After a spill in Manhattan he did his research and chose rehab at his VA Physical Therapy clinic over surgery.
- A Veteran Who Was on Iwo Jima 70 Years Ago Today
- This week is the 70th anniversary of the raising of the flag on Iwo Jima. "Woody" Williams, 91, was there and received the Medal of Honor for his courageous action on that memorable day.
- VA's Veterans Crisis Line Saves Lives Every Day
- We've answered more than a million-and-a-half calls from Veterans in crisis. And helped with 45,000 rescues. The Veterans Crisis Line helps prevent suicides by providing immediate crisis intervention.
- List of Presidents who were Veterans
- Do you know how many of our Presidents served in the military? As we celebrate President's Day, here is a list of Presidents who are Veterans. From George Washington to George Bush.
- American Sniper Highlights Veterans' Readjustments
- The recent box-office hit American Sniper sheds light on how difficult the transition to civilian life can be. VA has in-person, online and telephone-based services that can help.
- A Day of Caring and Sharing with America's Veteran
- At VA medical centers across the country, thousands of Americans will express their Valentine's wishes of love and gratitude to Veteran patients during VA's annual National Salute to Veteran Patients.
- She Knew Something was Wrong with Her Heart
- VA is joining the American Heart Association to fight heart disease in women Veterans. Here's the story of one woman Veteran who received life-saving treatment at a VA Medical Center.
- Veterans: Are You at Risk for Heart Disease?
- Did they pick February to be Heart Month because of Valentine's Day and all those heart shapes? Whatever. It's a great time to remind Veterans of the everyday things you can do to stay heart healthy.
- West Va. Woman Finds Joy Volunteering at VA
- Over the last nine years Joan Chambers, 67, has racked up over 6,000 hours of volunteer work at Huntington VA Medical Center in West Virginia. 'I like keeping busy,' she explained.
- A New and Improved VA Prescription Label
- VA asked hundreds of Veterans to tell us what they liked and didn't like about the labels on their prescriptions. We heard you. The results led to this new patient-centric prescription label.