Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Tennessee Valley Healthcare System
- Inaugural Veterans Day parade at Alvin C. York
- The VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System (VA TVHS) is seeking community participation in the inaugural Veterans Day parade at the Alvin C. York Medical Center in Murfreesboro, TN on Saturday, November 8, 2014.
- VA TVHS to Hold Veteran Town Halls
- VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System (VA TVHS) leadership will host four town hall forums for Veterans near its Murfreesboro, Nashville, Clarksville and Chattanooga campuses.
- Nurse Recruitment Fair
- VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System is seeking nurse practitioners and staff nurses for its specialty and critical care areas. A recruitment fair will be held on Tuesday, July 22 from 9-1 pm at its Nashville Campus.
- Veterans Serving Veterans at new Dover Clinic
- VA TVHS will oversee the operation of a new contracted Community Based Outpatient Clinic in Dover, TN. The new clinic will operate under Onsite OHS, a certified Veteran-owned small business.
- Middle Tenn. VA Employee Receives Patriot Award
- A VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System (VA TVHS), employee received the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Patriot Employer Award, recognizing her as a patriotic employer
- TVHS Seeking Medical Foster Home Caregivers
- The Tennessee Valley Healthcare System announces the development of a Medical Foster Home (MFH) Program in the Nashville area as another option to meet the growing needs of the Veteran population in Middle Tennessee.
- New Mental Health Program at TVHS
- VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System opens a new Mental Health Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program (MH RRTP) at the Alvin C. York Campus in Murfreesboro, Tennessee on March 4, 2014.
- Nurse Recruitment Open House
- Tennessee Valley Healthcare System is inviting nursing professionals to participate in an Open House event. Recruiting is looking to fill positions for both the Nashville and Murfreesboro campuses.
- VA TVHS Dedicates Tennessee’s First Fisher House
- Juan A. Morales, VA TVHS Director, and dignitaries from the community and Fisher House Foundation cut the ribbon to dedicate the Tenn. Fisher House on November 7. Fisher House provides comfort homes to Veterans families.
- Feds Feed Families Campaign
- TVHS Assistant Chief of Human Resources, John Henderson, presents a Certificate of Commendation to AFGE Local 1844 President, Carolyn Goodman for their support in the 2013 Feds Feed Families Campaign.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Burn pit exposure? Sign up now in VA Registry.
- Exposed to burn pits or other airborne hazards while deployed? Believe you have health conditions related to these exposures? Join VA's Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry. Learn how here.
- Veterans Arts Festival is Fun and Therapeutic
- VA's Annual Creative Arts Festival is a nation-wide talent competition that lets thousands of Veterans express themselves creatively while helping with their mental and physical health and recovery.
- Flu Shots: More Access, Seamless Documentation
- VA partners with Walgreens to expand real-time sharing of medical information of vaccines provided by Walgreens to enrolled Veterans. VA is covering the cost of about 75,000 flu shots.
- Free Rides for Vets Living in Highly Rural Areas
- VA has just made it possible for more of America’s Veterans living in highly rural areas to get free transportation to a VA medical center or other facilities that provide VA care.
- With a Little Help, a Veteran's Life Transformed
- One minute, Army Veteran Robbie Myers was living in a tent. The next, he was winning a nationally-televised cooking competition. His amazing journey began when he walked into a VA Medical Center.
- Dondi gets Flu Shot Along with 96-year-old Creator
- 96-year-old Veteran Irwin Hasen is the cartoonist who created the famous character Dondi, a war orphan. He recently sketched his famous creation reminding Veterans and VA staff to get their flu shot.
- Go Green for Mental Illness Awareness Week
- In observance of Mental Illness Awareness Week, VA facilities will be sponsoring events designed to educate Veterans, their families and staff on mental health recovery concepts and practices.
- Slimming Down Helps with Diabetes & Pre-diabetes
- Weight loss in overweight adults with diabetes can improve blood sugar levels, decrease the need for some medications, reduce blood pressure, improve heart function, and improve cholesterol levels.
- Male Breast Cancer: A Rare Disease, on the Rise
- Male breast cancer is rare, accounting for less than one percent of cancers in men and less than one percent of all breast cancer. VA researchers are helping to understand the phenomenon.
- VA Leads the Nation in Breast Cancer Screening
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. VA wants to help Veterans learn more about breast cancer with the helpful tools listed in this story including a Breast Cancer Risk Calculator.