Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Tennessee Valley Healthcare System
- Inaugural Veterans Day parade at Alvin C. York
- The VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System (VA TVHS) is seeking community participation in the inaugural Veterans Day parade at the Alvin C. York Medical Center in Murfreesboro, TN on Saturday, November 8, 2014.
- VA TVHS to Hold Veteran Town Halls
- VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System (VA TVHS) leadership will host four town hall forums for Veterans near its Murfreesboro, Nashville, Clarksville and Chattanooga campuses.
- Nurse Recruitment Fair
- VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System is seeking nurse practitioners and staff nurses for its specialty and critical care areas. A recruitment fair will be held on Tuesday, July 22 from 9-1 pm at its Nashville Campus.
- Veterans Serving Veterans at new Dover Clinic
- VA TVHS will oversee the operation of a new contracted Community Based Outpatient Clinic in Dover, TN. The new clinic will operate under Onsite OHS, a certified Veteran-owned small business.
- Middle Tenn. VA Employee Receives Patriot Award
- A VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System (VA TVHS), employee received the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Patriot Employer Award, recognizing her as a patriotic employer
- TVHS Seeking Medical Foster Home Caregivers
- The Tennessee Valley Healthcare System announces the development of a Medical Foster Home (MFH) Program in the Nashville area as another option to meet the growing needs of the Veteran population in Middle Tennessee.
- New Mental Health Program at TVHS
- VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System opens a new Mental Health Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program (MH RRTP) at the Alvin C. York Campus in Murfreesboro, Tennessee on March 4, 2014.
- Nurse Recruitment Open House
- Tennessee Valley Healthcare System is inviting nursing professionals to participate in an Open House event. Recruiting is looking to fill positions for both the Nashville and Murfreesboro campuses.
- VA TVHS Dedicates Tennessee’s First Fisher House
- Juan A. Morales, VA TVHS Director, and dignitaries from the community and Fisher House Foundation cut the ribbon to dedicate the Tenn. Fisher House on November 7. Fisher House provides comfort homes to Veterans families.
- Feds Feed Families Campaign
- TVHS Assistant Chief of Human Resources, John Henderson, presents a Certificate of Commendation to AFGE Local 1844 President, Carolyn Goodman for their support in the 2013 Feds Feed Families Campaign.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- A New and Improved VA Prescription Label
- VA asked hundreds of Veterans to tell us what they liked and didnít like about the labels on their prescriptions. We heard you. The results led to this new patient-centric prescription label.
- VA Nurse Goes the Extra Mile in Veteran Care
- While treating a Veteran patient, Nurse Chuck Maulden noticed the Veteran's feet were in really bad shape with huge blisters probably due to worn out shoes. They both wore the same size shoe. So...
- Is This the Year You Will Volunteer on MLK Day?
- For Volunteers who work every day to help our Veterans, the MLK holiday is one more opportunity to repay the men and women who have sacrificed so much for America. Find out how you can join in.
- Dying Veteran Gets Married at Buffalo VA
- An Army Veteran with not long to live decided it was time to marry his girlfriend of 17 years. The staff at the Buffalo VA, where heís receiving cancer treatments, helped him turn his wish into reality.
- Joint Effort Helps Homeless Vets in 25 Cities
- During one of the coldest weeks of winter, itís difficult to imagine what it must be like to have no heat, no home, and no help. VA is working hard to get help to Americaís Veterans who are experiencing homelessness.
- Helping Beneficiaries Stricken with Spina Bifida
- About 1,300 people are enrolled in the Spina Bifida Health Care Benefits Program where VA is looking at better ways to help people stricken with the disorder get the care they need.
- Glaucoma: Silent Cause of Vision Loss
- One-and-a-half million Veterans have a vision threatening eye disease, including 285,000 with glaucoma, which usually starts without any symptoms. Get tested now — it's quick and painless.
- 2015 New Year's Resolution: End Binge Eating
- VA Researchers are taking a close look at an issue threatening the health of many Veterans: binge eating. If you recognize this in yourself, follow the MOVE link at the end of the story. VA is here to help
- Top 10 Stories from VA Health Care in 2014
- Each year, we post more than 100 stories about health topics on the VA Health Care and VA Medical Center home pages. Here are the Top 10 stories from 2014, based on our reader’s visits.
- To Face Unafraid, the Plans that We've Made
- Food, fun and gifts: At VA medical centers across the country, hundreds of volunteers, community organizations and VA staff come together to help America’s Veterans celebrate the holiday season.