Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Tennessee Valley Healthcare System
- Female Veterans Enjoy Spa Day
- Chatter and laughter filled the pedicure station at the Georgia Career Institute (CGI) Wednesday morning. Students at the cosmetology school regularly hone their skills on live clients.....
- Inaugural Veterans Day parade at Alvin C. York
- The VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System (VA TVHS) is seeking community participation in the inaugural Veterans Day parade at the Alvin C. York Medical Center in Murfreesboro, TN on Saturday, November 8, 2014.
- VA TVHS to Hold Veteran Town Halls
- VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System (VA TVHS) leadership will host four town hall forums for Veterans near its Murfreesboro, Nashville, Clarksville and Chattanooga campuses.
- Nurse Recruitment Fair
- VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System is seeking nurse practitioners and staff nurses for its specialty and critical care areas. A recruitment fair will be held on Tuesday, July 22 from 9-1 pm at its Nashville Campus.
- Veterans Serving Veterans at new Dover Clinic
- VA TVHS will oversee the operation of a new contracted Community Based Outpatient Clinic in Dover, TN. The new clinic will operate under Onsite OHS, a certified Veteran-owned small business.
- Middle Tenn. VA Employee Receives Patriot Award
- A VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System (VA TVHS), employee received the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Patriot Employer Award, recognizing her as a patriotic employer
- TVHS Seeking Medical Foster Home Caregivers
- The Tennessee Valley Healthcare System announces the development of a Medical Foster Home (MFH) Program in the Nashville area as another option to meet the growing needs of the Veteran population in Middle Tennessee.
- New Mental Health Program at TVHS
- VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System opens a new Mental Health Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program (MH RRTP) at the Alvin C. York Campus in Murfreesboro, Tennessee on March 4, 2014.
- Nurse Recruitment Open House
- Tennessee Valley Healthcare System is inviting nursing professionals to participate in an Open House event. Recruiting is looking to fill positions for both the Nashville and Murfreesboro campuses.
- VA TVHS Dedicates Tennessee’s First Fisher House
- Juan A. Morales, VA TVHS Director, and dignitaries from the community and Fisher House Foundation cut the ribbon to dedicate the Tenn. Fisher House on November 7. Fisher House provides comfort homes to Veterans families.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- World War II Vet Says Volunteering Keeps Him Alive
- Ninety-two-year-old Orville Swett, a retired optician, has been volunteering at the VA eye clinic in Daytona Beach for 25 years. His job? Adjusting glasses for Veterans who visit the clinic.
- Dedicated Volunteers Serve Veterans for Decades
- Volunteering: the ultimate exercise in democracy. We may vote in elections once a year, but when we volunteer, we vote every day for the kind of community we want to live in.
- How Occupational Therapy Works for You
- VA's occupational therapists help Veterans participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities and occupations. Read on to learn how they do it.
- National Public Health Week - Five Days to Health
- Veterans, how many times do you exercise per week? Immunizations up to date? When was the last time you got tested for HIV? Here's VA's “Five Days to Health” challenge to help build a healthier you.
- Goal: Satisfying Sexual Relationship
- Many Veterans struggle with sexuality in their relationships. Two VA psychologists assert that a satisfying sexual relationship strengthens the whole family and it needs to be addressed.
- Winter Clinic World-Leader in Adaptive Sports
- VA's annual National Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic has significantly changed the lives of thousands of disabled Veterans, reminding them of the wonder life still has to offer.
- Rehab Veterans volunteer for four-week lock down
- Unique approach to rehab. At the Topeka VA, a new voluntary alcohol and drug rehab program called 'Fresh Start' requires patients to commit to 30 days of intense therapy in a locked unit.
- Veterans with PTSD Reclaiming Their Lives
- VA is working hard every day to help Veterans with PTSD, from World War II generals to Iraqi conflict corporals. Here are links to resources and courageous stories from Veterans who have been there.
- These Veterans lost a LOT of weight. You can too!
- Hundreds of Veterans of all ages — and shapes — are losing weight every day with VA's MOVE! program and now there's an app to help you join this happy, healthy group. Check it out!
- You Can Make the Most of Your Whole Health
- It's not about what's the matter with you. It's about what matters most to you. There's a link to a form in this story that could help you enhance your overall well-being by focusing on these factors.