Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Tennessee Valley Healthcare System
- Nurse Recruitment Fair
- VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System is seeking nurse practitioners and staff nurses for its specialty and critical care areas. A recruitment fair will be held on Tuesday, July 22 from 9-1 pm at its Nashville Campus.
- Veterans Serving Veterans at new Dover Clinic
- VA TVHS will oversee the operation of a new contracted Community Based Outpatient Clinic in Dover, TN. The new clinic will operate under Onsite OHS, a certified Veteran-owned small business.
- Middle Tenn. VA Employee Receives Patriot Award
- A VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System (VA TVHS), employee received the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Patriot Employer Award, recognizing her as a patriotic employer
- TVHS Seeking Medical Foster Home Caregivers
- The Tennessee Valley Healthcare System announces the development of a Medical Foster Home (MFH) Program in the Nashville area as another option to meet the growing needs of the Veteran population in Middle Tennessee.
- New Mental Health Program at TVHS
- VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System opens a new Mental Health Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program (MH RRTP) at the Alvin C. York Campus in Murfreesboro, Tennessee on March 4, 2014.
- Nurse Recruitment Open House
- Tennessee Valley Healthcare System is inviting nursing professionals to participate in an Open House event. Recruiting is looking to fill positions for both the Nashville and Murfreesboro campuses.
- VA TVHS Dedicates Tennessee’s First Fisher House
- Juan A. Morales, VA TVHS Director, and dignitaries from the community and Fisher House Foundation cut the ribbon to dedicate the Tenn. Fisher House on November 7. Fisher House provides comfort homes to Veterans families.
- Feds Feed Families Campaign
- TVHS Assistant Chief of Human Resources, John Henderson, presents a Certificate of Commendation to AFGE Local 1844 President, Carolyn Goodman for their support in the 2013 Feds Feed Families Campaign.
- Job Recruitment
- Department of Veterans Affairs Tennessee Valley Healthcare System (VA TVHS) seeks healthcare professionals to fill jobs. TVHS VA currently has more than 220 job openings in various career fields.
- VA TVHS Nurse Receives Top Nurse Award for VA
- VA THVS Nurse Michael Chapman was named the 2013 Secretary of Veterans Affairs’ Awards for Excellence in Nursing Registered Nurse in Staff Role of the Year.
The Secretary's Award for Excellence in Nursing...
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Vanquishing PTSD at the Cellular Level
- VA researchers are exploring the possibility of using a steroid pill to take the trauma out of traumatic memories by quieting the intense and sometime debilitating emotions associated with those memories.
- The Other Side of VA Dentistry
- Dr. Dai Phan provides an accurate reproduction so that dental and nasal prostheses can be fabricated — a little known service provided to Veterans who have lost part of their oral cavity due to trauma or cancer.
- Once Homeless, Veteran Now Works for VA
- Formerly homeless Veteran James Mobley, 53, now works full-time as a social services aide at the same VA domiciliary in Dublin, Ga., where he spent nearly a year in recovery.
- Fighting is My Meditation
- After serving in the Army, mixed martial arts fighter Joe Duarte found his world spinning out of control. After VA PTSD therapy, he now finds peace at home and in the ring.
- Summer Reminder: Sunglasses Protect Your Eyes
- Veterans should be cautious and protect their eyes from the sun. Good quality sunglasses are recommended when outdoors, even if it’s for a few minutes at a time.
- 10 of the Stories Most Read by Vets on VA Web Site
- The web site for the Veterans Health Administration is a helpful gateway to numerous resources for Veterans and their families. Here are just a few of the most popular features posted this past year.
- VA Health Care System Named Most Wired - Again!
- For the second year in a row, VA has been named to the 2014 “Most Wired” hospitals list, a national survey ranking hospitals leveraging health information technology in new and innovative ways.
- Nurse Navigator Simplifies the Maze for Patients
- Hospitals can be a maze. That’s why Joan Stewart and Debera Charlton are amazing. The Nurse Navigator steer patients through the treatment systems at Montana’s VA Medical Center.
- VA Hosts July 4th Ceremonies for Veterans
- Hundreds of VA employees and volunteers at VA Medical Centers across the country spend their July 4th holiday hosting special events for the men and women we serve — America’s Veterans.
- Senior Veterans Going for the Gold - One More Time
- Hundreds of Veterans are heading to the Ozark Mountains for the Golden Age Games, designed to improve the quality of life for older Veterans with a wide range of abilities and disabilities.