Season Flu Vaccinations
It is the time of the year once again to begin our flu vaccination campaign. Tennessee Valley Healthcare System will begin giving flu shots at all sites for our Veterans on Tuesday, September 25th, 2012.
We have walk-in clinics for Veterans at all locations and signs will be put up to assist you in finding these areas. Veterans seen in primary care will receive their vaccine during their visit.
- Pod C at Nashville campus
- Firm B (temporarily Firm C) at York campus
- All Community Out Patient Clinics will have designated Flu Shot areas
- The flu vaccine helps to protect not only the person receiving it, but also helps to prevent spread of flu to others.
- If your are infected with the flu virus, you can spread it even before you develop symptoms.
- It is not too early to get the vaccine. The immunity protection usually lasts throughout the flu season-estimated to be 6-12 months. However, the vaccine protection from last year’s shot is not likely to be adequate for the next year.
- A flu shot is recommended yearly for everyone 6 months or older (Universal recommendation by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
- The vaccine formulation for this year is identical to the 2010-2011 vaccine (because it is likely that similar types of flu will be seen this season as those seen in 2010-2011)
Outpatient Clinic Directions
- Bowling Green, KY
- Hopkinsville, KY
- Chattanooga, TN
- Clarksville, TN
- Cookeville, TN
- Dover, TN
- McMinnville, TN
- Nashville (Charlotte Ave), TN
- Nashville (Meharry at Nashville General), TN
- Nashville (Women Veterans Healthcare Center, TN
- Roane County, TN
- Tullahoma, TN