Tennessee Valley Healthcare System
TVHS medical centers hiring health professionals
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Tennessee Valley Healthcare System (TVHS) is hiring health care workers to serve America’s heroes during the COVID-19 pandemic.
TVHS is seeking individuals in the following health care professions to serve in temporary or permanent assignments.
- Biomedical equipment support specialist
- Certified registered nurse anesthetist
- Clinical pharmacist
- Health technician
- Medical supply technician
- Nurse *
- Pharmacy technician
- Physician - hospitalist
- Physician - occupational / preventative medicine
- Physician assistant
- Registered respiratory therapist
- Supply technician
* If you are a registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, or a nursing assistant, please email your resume to Melissa.Littman@va.gov.
TVHS is also reaching out to recent retirees with experience in high-need areas during our COVID-19 response. Dual compensation waivers can be authorized for these individuals, which allows retirees to receive annuities while receiving full compensation for employment. Approved waivers are not to exceed a one-year appointment.
Additionally, TVHS is seeking nurse practitioners and registered nurses to join the Travel Nurse Corps (TNC) for 120-day appointments. TNC is a VA-operated internal pool of RNs and NPs available for temporary short-term assignments at VA medical centers throughout the country. Interested individuals can view the vacancy announcement by accessing the below links:
- Registered Nurses: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563752000
- Nurse Practitioners: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/563752700.
For a complete listing of opportunities, please visit www.vacareers.va.gov.
TVHS is an integrated tertiary health care system comprised of two hospitals, the Alvin C. York Campus in Murfreesboro and the Nashville Campus, as well as more than a dozen community-based outpatient clinics located in Tennessee and Kentucky. TVHS provides ambulatory care, primary care, and secondary care in acute medicine and surgery, specialized tertiary care, transplant services, spinal cord injury outpatient care, and a full range of extended care and mental health services.