Tennessee Valley Healthcare System
Medical and Dental Residents
Incoming Medical and Dental Residents
Welcome to the VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System - one of the largest VA Healthcare Systems in the nation. We participate in the funding of numerous resident and fellowship positions as well as allied health training programs in a wide variety of specialties.
In order to facilitate onboarding at the VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System, we request that you complete the required paperwork and mandatory training prior to your arrival at orientation. Please follow the instructions below. Make sure that you have a printer available as some of these forms cannot be saved. Faxed or emailed materials will cannot be accepted. Please print on one side of each sheet of paper only. Print a copy of all documents and mail or ship (UPS or FedEx) to:VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System
Attn: Sam R. Sells, MD, MPH, MEd (11ED)
1310 24th Avenue South
Nashville, TN, 37212
ALL MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY APRIL 26, 2019
There are five components to your VA application. Please complete and print all forms before returning them to our office. Make sure to sign your name and date where requested.
1. VA Application
- Declaration for Federal Employment, OF Form 306
- Application for Health Professions Trainees VA Form 10-2850D
- Resident Check-List and Application Review 2019
- Pharmacy Prescriber Information 2019
- Random Drug Testing Notification and Acknowledgement Form
2. VA Appointment LetterPlease complete and sign one of the following VA Appointment Letter for the affiliated institution with which you have been accepted:
- VA Appointment Letter 2019-2020 – Meharry Medical College
- VA Appointment Letter 2019-2020 – University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center
- VA Appointment Letter 2019-2020 – Vanderbilt University Medical Center
3. Mandatory Training for Trainees (MTT)
Please complete the following on-line training module by clicking on the link below. Upon completion of the training module, you will be able to print a certificate of completion of the course. Please include the certificate with your application materials. This course must be completed annually and is required to allow you to access the VA computer system.
4. VA Computer Training (CPRS or Computerized Patient Record System)
Please complete the following on-line training module by clicking on the link below. Upon completion of the training module, you will be able to print a certificate of completion of the course. Please include the certificate with your application materials
5. VA ID Badge and Fingerprinting
As a part of your onboarding, you will be fingerprinted and undergo a federal background security screening. Obtaining fingerprints is a critical part of the process to secure your VA ID badge (or PIV card).
To expedite this process and allow us time to process your VA ID badge, we request that you take the two documents provided below to your nearest VA Human Resources office to be fingerprinted during regular business hours. If you need assistance locating a VA Medical Center or are unable to be fingerprinted, please contact our office immediately.
In addition to mailing or shipping the above documents, we recommend you bring a copy of all completed documents and training certificates with you to your orientation. Please do not staple the forms together.
We cannot accept double-sided pages; please print only on one side of paper.