Tennessee Valley Healthcare System
Nashville Campus Parking Garage Expansion
To better serve our veterans and their families, Department of Veterans Affairs Tennessee Valley Healthcare System (TVHS) has secured funding and plans to start construction to expand the existing Parking Garage by approximately 400 parking spaces at the Nashville Campus.
During construction, concerted efforts will be made to minimize inconvenience to our patients, visitors and staff. As with any large construction project that expands upon an existing structure, there will be a short term negative impact.
As construction progresses, existing spaces will be made unavailable starting with 60 parking spaces impacted the week of February 14th. By April, the impact will reach 250 parking spaces. The majority of the lost spaces will be restored by the end of August. The expected completion of the parking expansion and the availability of the additional spaces is targeting late December.
We appreciate your understanding and patience while working towards our goal of a larger parking environment for the Nashville campus.
For directions to the Nashville Campus, visit: http://www.tennesseevalley.va.gov/visitors/directions_Nash.asp
For more information on parking on the Nashville Campus, visit: http://www.tennesseevalley.va.gov/visitors/parking.asp
As of May 6th, 2011.
- On May 16, 2011 the top level of the Parking Garage will be closed
- Safety is a priority during construction, we ask that patients, visitors and staff members:
- Do Not enter cordoned off areas
- Do follow flagman directions to not walk under overhead work areas as directed
- There will be brief periods where pedestrian and vehicle entry will be closed. When this does occur, directional or detour signs will be placed at impacted areas.
- We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding during this parking expansion project.