Tennessee Valley Healthcare System
The staff at the Tennessee Valley Healthcare System have provided a number of ways for you to learn how to live a healthy lifestyle and self-manage your own health.
Patient Education Center
Our Patient Education Centers are staffed by experienced patient program specialists. The centers contain a collection of easy-to-read health and wellness books, respected health education newsletters, videos, other medical pamplets and materials.
The Patient Education Center is located:
- 1st floor at the Nashville Campus - Room B-121
- Building 2, Room G17 at the Alvin C. York Campus in Murfreesboro
The My HealtheVet site provides veterans and their families access to two computers in the Patient Education Center that provide access to the My HealtheVet web site which provides excellent, reliable patient education information as well as the latest VA News. Information about veterans benefits and services is also available.
Upon registering with the My HealtheVet website, you will be able to:
- refill prescriptions online
- keep personal food and activity journals
- monitor your personal health data, such as blood pressure and pain levels
- maintain your own self-entered personal health record
Clinical staff provide ongoing health education during regularly scheduled outpatient clinic visits. Courses focus on:
- Coumadin Classes
- Healthy Heart Classes
Our staff can tell you about upcoming education classes that are available.
Our clinical staff begin the patient education process at the time of admission, during the hospital stay, and at discharge. Our goal is to provide a hospital environment where patients:
- continually receive updated health information
- are able to ask questions about their health
- can enjoy as comfortably as possible their stay in our facility
Online ClassesWe strive to provide patient education in a manner that allows all patients and family members to access it. Making education on diseases and disease management available through these links allows you the flexibility you need to gain understanding on your own schedule and in your own home.
- Online Diabetes Education
- Visit http://diabetes.gotoguides.va.staywellsolutionsonline.com/# for your online diabetes course.
- After completing this course, call the Tennessee Valley VA Medical Center at 800-876-7093, extension 26548. Leave a message to include your full name, the last four numbers of your SSN, and a statement saying that you have completed the online diabetes course. If you have questions, please contact your PACT team nurse.