Tennessee Valley Healthcare System
Addiction Treatment Services
Many Veterans suffer from Addiction Disorders. Effective treatments for addiction are available through the VA. Veterans seeking Addiction Treatment Services will be provided a screening and treatment recommendations, if eligible.
Addiction Treatment Services - TVH Addiction Treatment Services (ATS) provide a full range of recovery services to eligible Veterans and their family members. Our staff consists of multidisciplinary teams of trained professionals. The program is tailored to individual needs to include:
Services Available: Nashville & Murfreesboro
- Recommendations provided for inpatient treatment or higher level of care when appropriate
- Outpatient Addiction Treatment Services
- Addiction Consultation, Screening and Evaluation by appointment
- Individual & Group Therapy
- Early Intervention & Drug Education
- Relapse Prevention & Maintenance
- Family Counseling/Education Services
- Peer Support Services
- Aftercare treatment up to 12 months
- Referrals to other substance abuse community resources, as appropriate
- Outpatient services as a commuter:
- Low Intensity one day/ week
- Intensive: four days/ week
- Outpatient Opiate Detox/Suboxone Clinic (Murfreesboro only)
- Outpatient Ambulatory detox clinic for Alcohol (Murfreesboro only)
How to Get Help
***In case of Emergency, call 911 or report to the nearest VA Emergency Room.***
To be seen for AT Services:
- Addiction Treatment Services is a specialty outpatient clinic accessed by consult only. After receiving a consult, an appointment is arranged for an evaluation and development of a recovery plan.
- Patients are seen by appointment, which may be verified with the scheduling clerk at 615-225-6820, Monday - Friday between the hours of 8AM — 4PM.
- Patients established with VA should contact a VA provider such as Mental Health or Primary Care for an outpatient consult if suffered from addiction disorder within the last twelve months.
- Patients not yet established in TVHS may call the scheduling clerk for assistance at 615-225-6820.
- Providers outside of the TVHS service area should contact their assigned VA for non-emergent VA services outside their area.
The Road to Recovery starts here!
VA SERVICES & REFERRALS
Suicide Prevention Veterans Crisis Line: (800) 273-8255 (press ‘1’ for Veteran)
Telephone Nurse after-hours 1-877-291-5311 press ‘1’ for Veteran
Compensated Work Therapy (CWT) Nashville (800) 228-4973, Ext. 6-7860 York (800) 228-4973, Ext. 2-3928
Homeless Program (800) 228-4973, Ext. 6-7933
Vet Center (615) 366-1220
Veterans Recovery Center (VRC) (615) 225-6333
Nashville Campus - Nashville, TN
Alvin C. York Campus - Murfreesboro, TN
Liberty Square - Murfreesboro, TN
- 800-876-7093 Ext. 26820
Hours of Operation
- 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.