Tennessee Valley Healthcare System
If you qualify for VA health care, you can get high-quality mental health services as part of your benefits. You may also be able to get care for certain mental health problems even if you don't have VA health care.
VA Cares: Suicide Prevention Hotline
Suicide is the 11th most frequent cause of death in the US: someone dies from suicide every 16 minutes. Suicidal ideas and attempts to harm oneself are the result of problems that may seem like they can't be fixed. The VA Tennessee Valley Health Care system stands ready to reach out and help veterans at risk for suicide. Seek professional help...Call the toll-free National Suicide Prevention hotline and indicate you are a veteran. You'll be immediately connected to VA suicide prevention and mental health professionals. We can help-- If you feel you are in Crisis--Call the Veterans Crisis Line at 800-273-8255 (1-800-273-TALK) and press 1 or contact your local VA Medical Center or Vet Center today!
Suicide Is Not The Answer
Are you, or someone you love, at risk of suicide? Get help if you notice any of the following:
About the Program
The mental health services at Tennessee Valley Healthcare System provides consultation, evaluation, and treatment for a variety of issues that can impact emotional well-being. We conduct research and training to ensure state-of-the-art treatment.
Mental health care services provided at the Tennessee Valley Healthcare System include programs for —
- Homeless Program
- Mental Health Intensive Case Management (MHICM)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Substance Use Treatment Services
- Screenings and Assessments
- Low Intensity Outpatient and High Intensity Outpatient (IOP) Treatment
- Aftercare groups and individual aftercare
- To schedule an appointment call 615-225-6820
- Suicide Prevention during COVID-19
Mental health services are confidential. We will not talk to anyone about information you share unless you give written consent. Under federal law, a few exceptions to this rule exist. If you have questions, please ask your mental health consultant.
- 615-873-6967 (Nashville)
- 615-225-3600 (Murfreesboro)
- If you feel you are in Crisis--Call the Veterans Crisis Line at 800-273-8255 (1-800-273-TALK) and press 1
- Tennessee Valley Healthcare System
Hours of Operation
- M-F, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.